The process ctfmon.exe is a Windows generic process for managing entries alternative text input software such as voice recognition, software, handwriting recognition, keyboard or any alternative to braille keyboard.
It is obvious that the process ctfmon.exe is essential if we take different languages, or if one of the features mentioned above is used. Otherwise, this process is not necessary.
Ctfmon.exe is the file responsible for the control technology “Modes User Input”. It starts the component of the “Language Bar” (via the system tray), and also starts each time you start Windows, continuing to run in the background, an Office XP program has been started or not.
As you can probably understand, disable this process will have no effect, it will be constantly in the task manager , as well as startup items via “msconfig” .
Disable advanced text services
Here’s a solution that will prevent the process Ctfmon.exe to start at every boot.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click on Regional Options, date, time and language.
- Then click Regional and Language Options.
- Click on the Languages tab, then click Details.
- Then click the Advanced tab.
- Under System Configuration, check Turn off advanced text services.
- Apply and click OK.
After stopping the advanced text services, simply turn off (last time) starting the process Ctfmon.exe at startup.
Disable startup Ctfmon.exe
- Open the System Configuration Utility (Start> Run> Type msconfig)
- Click on the Startup tab.
- Uncheck the startup item corresponding to Ctfmon.
- Apply and click OK.
- Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
After reboot, a warning message will inform the modification of the startup. Just check “Do not show this message” and then confirm with “OK“.
Now, the process will run Ctfmon.exe do more. He will be absent from the process task manager, and will, once and for all, disabled startup items.
- If you are a user of Microsoft Office suite, it will disable the “User Input Mode” from the Setup Office.
- Define the state “not available” under the component “Alternative User Input”.
- Please visit the Microsoft Support .
- Then perform strictly in step 1.
- You should not manually end the process Ctfmon.exe from the task manager (obviously, it will be). If you want to stop this process, and the disappearing of the startup items, you should follow the procedure described above.
- In case you want to restart the process Ctfmon.exe, simply reactivate the option of advanced text services, by unchecking “Turn off advanced text services” and then reactivate the process “Ctfmon” from the Startup Items Msconfig.