application Skype to Ubuntu was updated to version 4.1, and this new version includes several new features that improve the user experience in a sector that appeared to have been abandoned by developers instant messaging client, such as Linux.
Skype for Linux
received its major improvements in version 4.0, which included the tabs to sort the talks, improved support for webcams, higher quality communications and a new user interface for calls and conversations.
<img class = "aligncenter size-full wp-image-53772" title = "Skype 4.1 for Linux” src = “http://www.howtodo.tech/wp-content/uploads/98015__Skype-4.1-para-Linux.jpg”alt =” Skype 4.1 for Linux Install Skype 4.1 in Ubuntu Linux “width =” 600 “height =” 439 “/>
In the new version of Skype, Skype 4.1 or , are optimized options were introduced in the previous version of the application, and new options were included integration with Microsoft accounts, due to the recent Skype acquisition by the company.
Skype 4.1 for Linux are the following.
New to Skype 4.1 for Linux
- recovered functionality set a different audio stream for notifications sound.
- load dialpad during a call by pressing the “d”. Descriptions of other keyboard shortcuts are in the / usr / share / doc / skype / README.
- Best quality in audio and video communications.
- General improvements in the stability of the application.
- Integration with Windows Live Messenger network.
- Microsoft account.
- Added support for simultaneous login with two or more accounts.
- Skype URIs from websites.
Added support for opening
Install Skype 4.1 in Ubuntu
Before installing make sure Skype is not necessary to have installed a previous version of the program as it could have problems with installing the new version. To completely remove any old versions of Skype, we can go to the terminal and use the following command:
sudo apt-get remove skype skype-bin
Ubuntu users in its 64-bit version should install the plugin sni-qt before installing the application. They can do this using the following command:
sudo apt-get install sni-qt: i386
hardware requirements to install Skype 4.1 are:
- Processor 1 GHz or higher.
- 256 MB of RAM.
- 100 MB of free space on the hard disk.
- microphone and speakers or headset.
- video card driver with Xv support.
Skype 4.1 is not yet available in the Ubuntu repositories, so to install it you must first download from its official website. Executing this file will install the application automatically.
users Debian 7.0 , Fedora 16 + and OpenSUSE 12.1 + can also download the installer Skype 4.1 to their systems via Web of Skype, and install the application by double clicking on the file.